COMPETITIVE PLAYING TIME POLICY
- GBFC's Competitive Program is designed to develop the skills, technique and soccer IQ of all its competitive players, while at the same time creating an opportunity for teams to compete at the highest level of soccer. In order to do so, GBFC has mandated a minimum playing time rule to assist in this endeavor.
- For teams aged U12 and younger (playing 7v7 and 9v9), coaches must play each player a minimum of 35% of the game time for each league game and 35% during each tournament (not per game).
- For teams aged U13 and older (playing 11v11), coaches must play each player a minimum of 35% of the game time for each league game and 35% during each tournament (not per game).
- As set forth in items (2) and (3), above, each player who has attended all practice sessions during the week prior to a game or tournament must play the minimum amount of each game and/or tournament, within reasonable expectations of a coach’s ability to track play time and substitute players.
- Coaches do have the right to hold out players due to missed practices, injury, illness, or disciplinary action. It is the coach’s responsibility to inform the player's parent(s) before each game and/or tournament if a player is not playing or will be playing less than the minimum amount due to missed practices or disciplinary action.
- Maximum playing time is at the coach’s discretion. A coach may choose to play individual players as much as the whole game, while other players may only play the minimum amount per game. Players are not guaranteed their desired position--coaches can choose to use players in positions that they feel best benefits the team.
- Although the Competitive Committee has agreed to these minimum playing time requirements, the Committee strongly encourages and recommends that the coaches provide as much play time as possible for further development of their players.