The following information outlines the requirements necessary to be a recreational head coach with Granite Bay FC. Please follow these steps to ensure you can be eligible before the season starts.
- Register as a Coach from the GotSport platform.
- If new to the GotSport platform, see "Don't have an account? CREATE AN ACCOUNT" at the bottom of the page.
- During registration, ensure you upload a head shot photo of yourself, with no hats or sunglasses.
- Make sure the following three US Club Soccer requirements are fulfilled:
- Get a Live Scan done if not already completed.
- Head coaches are required take a quick "Introduction to Grassroots" AND appropriate online module from the DCC Soccer (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11).
- New Coach? Sign up for PCA for New Coaches (September 14, 2020)
- Already done that? Sign up for PCA for Returning Coaches (September 15, 2020)
- Get at least 2 parents (if 2 parents have gone in the past, get 2 more) to sign up for the PCA for Parents (September 16, 2020 & September 17, 2020)
- Assign Team Parent and send them to the Team Parent Meeting
- Assign Sponsor
- Email your team immediately ASAP that you are their coach!
- Concerns about your roster? Ask the Rec Coaching Director or Registrar
- Hold team meeting prior or in conjunction with practice (example agendas in Rec Coach Guide)